October 23, 2010

equations and definitions

this upgrade process, to go to a phd, is really forcing me to get a better grip on exactly what i'm trying to do with this 'project'.

here's the latest break-down of my understanding:

the application of
commonly available monitoring and recording technologies
to
culturalised elements of botanic nature
in order to
extract information 
that is translated into 
audio/visual outputs

this is the dominant theme of my work thus far. 

there is an experimentalist aspect, in the construction of these kinetic networks, that is at once the process and the actual art object. the audio/visual outputs are not an end product but just one part of the entire network.

i'm hoping that by refining my practice down into this simple equation i can now define my work more clearly and also set about producing more refined, considered and better executed works.

No comments:

Post a Comment